5 Reasons Why a Comedy Show Makes the Best First Date (Number 5 is Magical)
So you finally got that hot date you've been eyeing for a long time. You have your outfit ready and your hair is on point. Only one problem - you don't know where to go on your date . Don't overthink it - get tickets to a stand up comedy show. Here's why:
1. There is alcohol. Most comedy clubs require you to buy a drink and most first dates require you to drink one. Kinda works out.
2. It's original. You want to stand out from all the other boring first dates that ended up just being a one and done. Be original and fun.
3. You're going to laugh. Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body's natural feel-good chemicals, which will be associated with you. A very good thing.
4. Sets the mood. Comedy clubs have low, candle-like lighting and you sit very close to each other by design. The science behind the design is to create the perfect setting for laughter, which also happens to be the perfect setting for a date.
5. Get to know your date at lightning speed without them realizing it. This is my favorite one. On first dates, you're trying to figure out if this person is compatible and has the same views as you, but you don't want to bring up a subject that might be offensive. Good news - most comics don't mind talking about that kind of stuff on stage for you. So if your date doesn't laugh at the Trump joke, maybe stay away from political talk or find a way to escape through a bathroom window. Buuuuut if they can't stop laughing and relating to all the sex jokes, maybe it's time to get that second drink.
We hope that you take our advice and go to a comedy show for all your dates. No matter what, you're going to have a great time. Let us know if you have a hot date and and we'll make sure it's amazing. Email me at Dominic@havenotscomedy.com and I'll be happy to help.
Here is link to all our shows and your future dates.